Friday, April 1, 2011

National_Audubon_Society_Field_Guide_to_North_American_Fossils

National Audubon Society Field Guide to North American Fossils National Audubon Society Field Guide to North American Fossils by Ida Thompson

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I made the mistake of putting two books about fossils on my wish-list and got both of them for Christmas in 2009. As I said in my review of Common Fossils of Missouri, I have been interested in fossils for over twenty-five years. It goes back to an episode of Reading Rainbow I watched when I was six and I was hooked. I immediately announced to my mom that I was going out into the backyard to dig up dinosaurs. I didn't find the Triceratops I was hankering for but I maintained a sporadic interest in fossils until my parents built their new house on a creekbank and my interest flared back to life.



This guide is full color and details all common North American Fossils, live and in color. I told my girlfriend this would be an invaluable resource when we take our fossil hunting to venues outside of Missouri. The look on her face led me to believe she's not as interested in fossils as I am...



The guys at the Audobon society know their stuff. Each entry has a detailed description and the best regions to find such fossils. Should my girlfriend and I go on a fossil hunting expedition out of state, I think we will be well equiped.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment