Sunday, September 8, 2013

Blogger Spotlight: Jazmen from ThisGirlReadsALot

I'm the featured blogger in the Blogger Spotlight at This Girl Reads a Lot today.  Since I answered Jazmen's questions, she was honor-bound to answer mine.

How did you discover Goodreads?
Honestly, I really don't remember it was more likely than not through a google search. I'm a google queen.

What have been your most memorable book reviewing experiences?
My most memorable reviewing experiences really only started happening when I began blogging. Authors have been
approaching me wanting me to review their books. I've been able to connect when authors through my more recent reviews and I find that pretty exciting!

Name one book blogger that more people should be aware of.
If I had to choose one I would probably chose Pam from Ya Escape Reality she's a consistent follower and commenter and I always appreciate that especially since I'm fairly new at this blogging thing.

How many books do you own?
Ha that's hysterical. How much time do you have? I couldn't put a number on it but definitely more than 100.

Who is your favorite author?
My favorite author right now is Anne Eliot. I have so many but I just recently discovered her and I think her work is pretty
darn fantastic!

What is your favorite book of all time?
Hmm...When I was Puerto Rican by Esmeralda Santiago.

What are your thoughts on ebooks?
I was dead set on hating them but I've come around and I now find them useful and I welcome them.

What are your thoughts on self-publishing?
It's something I stand behind. Just because a major publishing company doesn't believe in what you wrote or whatever the reason doesn't mean you should give up. You do what you have to do to get your work out there. Some of the best books I've read this year have been self published.

Any literary aspirations?
I've always wanted to be a writer. Always. I just recently buckeled down and starting writing my first book. I happen to think it's going to be great! :P

No comments:

Post a Comment