Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Undisputed

Undisputed: How to Become the World Champion in 1,372 Easy StepsUndisputed: How to Become the World Champion in 1,372 Easy Steps by Chris Jericho
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Undisputed covers Chris Jericho's career from the time he made his WWF debut to the time he made his comeback two years later.

As you can see by the rating, I did not like this one nearly as much as the first volume. First, the good parts.

Chris Jericho covers his arrival in the WWF, which was surprisingly rocky, and his relationship with his new co-workers. He talks about working with the Rock and Chyna while other wrestlers were trying to poison the office against him. He also talks about how things went down when Benoit, Guerrero, Saturn, and Dean Malenko, some of his best friends in the business, came to the WWF, and how Hulk Hogan, Scott Hall, and Kevin Nash didn't run the show like they did in WCW. He also talks about the rise of John Cena, and the deaths of Eddie Guerrero and Chris Benoit.

All that was pretty good. What killed the book for me was how much of it was devoted to Fozzy, the mostly cover band he was in. I didn't care about his band at all and probably half the book was spent on it. While I'm sure there were people who followed his music career, I am not one of them.

I hate to give this thing a 2 since I enjoyed the first book so much but a 2 is as good as it's getting. The wrestling bits were as good, maybe even better than those. Too bad they were entangled in the Fozzy sargasso.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment