Thursday, June 2, 2016

Review: Birds of Missouri Field Guide

Birds of Missouri Field Guide Birds of Missouri Field Guide by Stan Tekiela
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Since hanging a couple bird feeders outside, identifying the birds that show up has become something of a nagging obsession of mine.

A couple days ago, while struggling to identify a bird that turned out to be a white breasted Nuthatch, my girlfriend said "Honey, do you want one of your birthday presents early?"
"Is it a book about birds?" I asked.
"It might be," she said.

It was, in fact, this very book. For my uses, Birds of Missouri is a really good bird book. The pages are color coded by the primary color of the avian in question. Pretty soon, I could tell the difference between the red-headed woodpecker, the tufted-titmouse, and the bushtit.

Silliness aside, I found this book really easy to use. It could have used a few more photos of each bird but it's small enough to fit in my back pocket so that more than makes up for it. Four out of five stars.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment