Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Review: Single White Female

Single White Female Single White Female by John Lutz
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

When Allie Jones suddenly finds herself in need of a roommate, she meets Hedra. Hedra is timid at first but she and Allie become friends and Hedra shows her true colors...

I remember when the movie version of Single White Female came out, although I was too young to be interested. I've read a couple John Lutz books before so I was ready for this when I found it on the cheap.

When you look for a roommate, try not to find one that's a psychopathic chameleon. I knew the bare bones of the plot but it was still a wild ride at times. Hedra moves in and starts usurping Allie's life. Before too long, Allie is in the soup so deep she might never get out.

The book was a slow burner at first but things picked up around the halfway mark. I've never seen the movie but from what I understand, the book is a lot more gruesome.

The resolution actually bugged me a little bit. A little too easy, maybe? Anyway, Single White Female was a fun way to spend a few hours. Three out of five stars.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment