Tuesday, September 14, 2021

Return to the Lost Level

Return to the Lost LevelReturn to the Lost Level by Brian Keene
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

When Kasheena is kidnapped by the snake men along with most of the tribe, Aaron Pace and the survivors go looking for her. Can Pace and company survive the hazards of the Lost Level long enough to find his lady love?

I enjoyed The Lost Level but apparently not enough for me to not let six years elapse before I picked up the second book in the series.

Return to the Lost Level is a found manuscript book, written by Aaron Pace at some future date. As such, some of the sense of jeopardy is lost. Still, when every damn thing in the jungle wants to kill the heroes, you know there will be casualties.

Pace and company fight dinosaurs and carnivorous plants before taking on the snake men I mentioned earlier. Aside from some hints at Keene's Labyrinth mythos, that's pretty much the book. Pace is a capable hero, as befits the protagonist of a Lost World type of book. It was a fun adventure and an engaging read but it was kind of linear for my taste.

Three out of five stars. I'll read future Aaron Pace books but they're not a priority.

View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. How to Download the MEGA DRIVE MEGAWAYS MP3.5 - Video
    How to Download the MEGA DRIVE MEGAWAYS MP3.5 - Video Game, Live TV Streamers, Mobile Video, Game, PC youtube to mp3\ and Sega Master System & Game Gear Games

    ReplyDelete