Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Merlin's Gift

Merlin's GiftMerlin's Gift by Ian McDowell

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Right off the bat, this book has my favorite opening line of any book ever. I'd relate it here but I don't want to spoil it. Never the less, it was what made me decide I was going to enjoy this book and its predecessor, Mordred's Curse.



Merlin's Gift was a great sequel and a logical follow up to the first book. It's ten years later and Mordred and Guinevere are keeping things on the down low after the climax of the last book. Guinevere's sister is changing and Mordred goes to Merlin for help. Little does he know the size of the can of worms he opens in the process, leading to the end of Camelot.



To sum up: Interesting take on the Arthurian legend, full of black humor, and finished in just two short books



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment