Saturday, March 9, 2013

Moonlight Mile

Moonlight Mile (Kenzie & Gennaro,#6)Moonlight Mile by Dennis Lehane
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

When Amanda McCready goes missing over a decade after Patrick and Angela found her the first time, the couple set off to right a past wrong. But what does the Russian mob have to do with Amanda's disappearance? And has she really been kidnapped?

Moonlight Mile was Dennis Lehane's return to Kenzie and Gennaro, or are they Kenzie and Kenzie now, after a long absence. While Patrick and Angela may have lost a step or two after their domestication, I don't think Lehane has.

Moonlight Mile starts simply enough. Amanda McCready, now sixteen, has disappeared once again, and Patrick can't stay away, bent on redemption after Gone, Baby, Gone. I missed Devin and Oscar but it was good to see Parick, Angie, and Bubba again. Also, Gabby was a nice addition. The case had more than enough wrinkles to keep me occupied until the end. Some of the twists, like the switcheroo at the beginning, were predictable. Others not so much.

Lehane's writing continue to impress me. I suppose I'll be picking up some of his non-series books pretty soon.

I don't really have a lot more to say about this one. It was pretty typical for a Kenzie and Gennaro book, even with their young daughter Gabby involved. It seems like it will be the last one and I'd say it's a fitting swan song. I'd rather Patrick and Angela not wreck the domestic bliss they have going.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment