Monday, March 31, 2014

Either/Or

Courtesy of Booklikes

BOOKLET OR TOME?
Booklet.  I'd rather read three entertaining shorter books than plod through one tome.

PRE-OWNED OR NEW?
Pre-owned if I can swing it.  I'm pretty cheap.

HISTORICAL FICTION OR FANTASY?
Fantasy.  Historical fiction is too easy to spoil.

HARDCOVER OR PAPERBACK?
Paperback.  They're easier to store and easier to lug around.

FUNNY OR SAD?
Funny.  The world is already full of sad things.

DO YOU PREFER READING IN SUMMER OR IN WINTER?
Winter is a heavier reading time.  There's not much else to do when the snow is forty feet deep in the middle of the winter that lasts a generation.

CLASSICS OR MAINSTREAM?
I don't consider most of what I read to be Mainstream but it's definitely closer to Mainstream than it is to Classics.

GUIDEBOOK OR FICTION?
Fiction.  I'll guide my own way.

CRIME NOVEL OR THRILLER?
I prefer crime novels because I generally find them to be more intelligently plotted and have more surprises than thrillers.  I don't want to invest time reading something when I can see all the twists coming.

E-BOOK OR PRINT EDITION?
This one is tough.  If I'm reading in bed or have to do a lot of traveling, I prefer e-books.  For casual reading on the couch or kitchen table, print all the way.

COLLECTING OR CLEARING OUT?
I used to be a collector until I saw what a fine line there was between collecting and hoarding.  Now I only hang on to my favorites.  Much less stuff to move if I have to flee in the middle of the night.

INTERNET OR BOOKSTORE?
If I'm paying for them, I'll always go to the used bookstore.  I hate paying ridiculous prices for ebooks since they can't be turned in for store credit when I'm finished.

BACKLIST OR NEW PUBLICATION?
Lately, I've been hitting NetGalley pretty hard so I'll say New Publication.

BEST OR BAD SELLER?
Bad Seller.  Being a best seller is normally a red flag for me since most of them are dumbed-down crap.

COOKBOOKS OR BAKING BOOKS?
Cookbooks.  I find them way more practical.

No comments:

Post a Comment