Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Kindle Unlimited - 5 Days In

So far, I've enjoyed my Kindle Unlimited experience.  The service appeals to my status as a cheapass when it comes to buying e-books.  So far, I've "saved" $38.11.  That's pretty damn good.  I haven't run into any hiccups yet and I wish they'd revamp the lending library and use the same interface as Kindle Unlimited rather than making you go to the Kindle store using your Kindle.

My only concern is still the selection.  As I've said before, I've found 30-ish books I'm interested in, not counting the back catalogs of Lawrence Block, Donald Westlake, and Prologue Books, which I never heard of before starting the KU trial.  Beyond crime books, however, I could see the well running dry for me in a month or two unless they beef up their offerings.

Since I want this post to have a bit more substance, here are some books I've picked out that are available through Kindle Unlimited that I intend on reading.

  1. Clockers by Richard Price
  2. Boy's Life by Robert McCammon
  3. Claire DeWitt and the Bohemian Highway by Sara Gran
  4. Shield and Crocus by Michael Underwood
  5. Wolf Hunt by Jeff Strand
  6. Jack and Mr. Grin by Andersen Prunty
Note: My calculations were off.  This should have been Six Days in.

No comments:

Post a Comment