Friday, August 15, 2014

The Morning Dew

The Morning DewThe Morning Dew by Edward Lorn
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

James, Mike, and Henry camp out in the treehouse behind James' house, not knowing what horrors the morning sun will bring...

This is the twenty-seventh book in my Kindle Unlimited Experiment. For the 30 day trial, I'm only reading books that are part of the program and keeping track what the total cost of the books would have been.

I was all set to quit my Kindle Unlimited experiment a day and a half early until Edward Lorn served this one up. It's a short story but I was immediately hooked when I realized James was playing the age-old "the living room floor is actually molten lava" game.

What happens to James and his friends in the morning slightly reminds me of Stephen King's The Raft, although the amoeba-like monster in that was at least confined to a lake.

Since it's a short story, that's all I'm prepared to divulge. As always, Edward Lorn shows why he's a rising star in the horror genre. Four out of five stars.

Current Kindle Unlimited Savings Total: $135.83.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment