Friday, January 8, 2016

Swamp Thing, Vol. 2: Family Tree

Swamp Thing, Vol. 2: Family Tree Swamp Thing, Vol. 2: Family Tree by Scott Snyder
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

The Swamp Thing takes on Anton Arcane and the Rot in this disjointed collection of somewhat unrelated issues...

Despite thinking Scott Snyder is the alligator's Adam's apple, I did not enjoy this collection. There were several contributing factors.

1. It's been years since I read Swamp Thing Volume 1.
2. Some crossover with Animal Man throws a wrench into the flow of the storyline. The Animal Man issues were not included.
3. Hasn't Old Swampy gone up against Anton Arcane enough over the years?
4. Swamp Thing has tree limb antlers.
5. Since when is rot not part of nature? Things decomposing are part of the ecosystem.

It wasn't without its moments but Family Tree wasn't a great collection. It feels slapped together, like filler in between two more coherent volumes. Okay, I'm guessing volume three is more coherent than this.

Two stars. It wasn't great but I needed something to read while I was doing laundry.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment