Monday, September 12, 2016

Review: Ted DiBiase: The Million Dollar Man

Ted DiBiase: The Million Dollar Man Ted DiBiase: The Million Dollar Man by Ted DiBiase
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Ted DiBiase: The Million Dollar Man is the story of the former pro-wrestler of the same name.

Yeah, even at $3.99, this one was a dud.

Ted DiBiase, the Million Dollar Man, was one of the top heels of the late 1980's and early 1990's. Before that, he was one of the wrestlers in line for the NWA belt and a star in Georgia, the Mid-South, All-Japan, and points in between. This should have been a really interesting book, full of road stories and behind the scenes skullduggery.

It was not. It took 30% of the book for Ted to step into the ring. Instead, it focused on his early life and his college footman career. Strike one!

There wasn't a hell of a lot of depth given to his pre WWF-career. Just a few pages each were given to the various territories he worked in. His WWF career was given maybe 20 pages. Nothing new was revealed about his WCW stint. Yeah, we all know it was disorganized behind the scenes by now. His stint as a producer behind the scenes in the WWE after his wrestling days were over were given more time than some of his stints in wrestling territories.

I hate to shit all over this book since it wasn't terrible. I liked what little road stories he gave us and the quotes from various wrestlers and wrestling personalities interspersed in the text were a nice touch. I think the book started on the wrong foot and didn't give me enough interesting stories to bring me back around.

The Million Dollar Man used to say "Every man has his price." In my case, it's apparently $3.99. I wouldn't mind having my $3.99 back. Two out of five stars.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment