Monday, July 23, 2012

Mastodon Farm

Mastodon FarmMastodon Farm by Mike Kleine
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

It's not very often that I have trouble reviewing a book. This one, I can't even seem to summarize. I want to say it's a commentary on the emptiness of Hollywood and the accompanying lifestyle. The use of the second person gives it a detached, dreamlike quality, as does the purposefully repetitive nature of the prose. James Franco and other celebrities are the characters. While I'm not quite sure exactly what it was I just read, it defeinitely made a favorable impression. I was tempted to write a jokey review in the second person but decided against it.

That's about all I can say. If you like Bizarro fiction, you'll definitely want to experience this one for yourself.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment