Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Shade the Changing Man: Edge of Vision

Shade, the Changing Man, Vol. 2: Edge of VisionShade, the Changing Man, Vol. 2: Edge of Vision by Peter Milligan
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Shade and Kathy find themselves drawn to Madness outbreaks, first in San Francisco then in New York. Shade and Kathy are separated and Kathy meets Lenny, a young artist. Shade, on the other hand, meets someone he never thought he'd see again...

Yeah, this is one of those times where I'm not exactly sure what I just finished reading. Peter Milligan's writing was top notch and Christopher Bachalo's art was good though still in its formative stages. I'm just not sure what they were telling me.

I loved that Lenny was finally introduced. I read the series from issue #35 on in the order I found them so I was wondering when some of my old favorites like Shimmy, Pandora, and Lenny would be introduced. I also liked that Troy Grenzer was brought back and that the American Scream still lived.

Still, I loved the art and I loved the characters. It wasn't as good as the first volume but does a good job of setting the stage for the next one.

Also, I want a coat like Shade's.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment