Thursday, August 30, 2012

Branded Woman

Branded Woman (Hard Case Crime #11)Branded Woman by Wade Miller
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Catherine "Cay" Morgan travels to Mazatlan looking for The Trader, a jewel smuggler who carved a T into her forehead for dealing on his turf five years earlier. Cay is aided by PI George Hodd, and Walter Kilmer, a fisherman. In her quest for vengeance, Cay learns of a fortune in buried gold. Only nothing is as it seems...

First off, I almost liked this but there was definitely some blandness to it. While the plot was good, Cay was unsympathetic sometimes and I found it hard to care what happened to her. Other times, I just didn't believe the way she was acting was consistent with her character. I knew the Trader was in her midst early on but didn't figure out who it was until it was too late. I'd say my favorite part was the cat fight between Cay and Concha. It was about the only memorable part of the book other than the end.

I'm giving this a 2.75. It's not bad but not great either.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment