Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Trumps of Doom

Trumps of Doom (Amber Chronicles, #6)Trumps of Doom by Roger Zelazny
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Merle Corey's got several problems. He's secretly Merlin, a Prince of Amber. His father Corwin has been missing for years. Oh, and someone tries to kill him every April 30th for reasons unknown. The story starts with Merle getting ready to leave Shadow Earth behind and devote himself to working on his Ghostwheel when an old girlfriend he goes to say goodbye to winds up dead. The trail leads Merle to a conjurer and then back to Amber, where he learns he isn't the only Amberite whose had attempts on his life. But what does his friend Luke have to do with things?

It took me almost a calendar year to finally start reading the second Amber seriers. So far, I'm liking it a lot. Having read the first series, it's a little easier to follow due to knowing something of Amber's workings already. The mystery of Luke was pretty well done. I like that the bullets Corwin had created in Guns of Avalon came back into play. I also like that Merlin isn't a Corwin duplicate.

Like I said, so far I'm enjoying the second chronicles of Amber. It's like visiting with an old friend. On to the next one!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment