Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Final Crisis: Legion of Three Worlds

Final Crisis: Legion of Three WorldsFinal Crisis: Legion of Three Worlds by Geoff Johns

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Superboy-Prime arrives in the 31st century and quickly continues his vendetta against Superman and his legacy, busting the hundreds of villains out of Takron Galtos, and storming Earth with the Legion of Super-Villians. Superman arrives in the 31st century to join the Legion of Super Heroes in their time of need. Will even the help of two parallel universe Legions be enough to stop Superboy-Prime?



As I said in my review of Superman and the Legion of Super-Heroes, the Legion was one of my favorites 25 or so years ago when I started reading comics so this one was a no-brainer for me. It has a lot of good things going for it. George Perez's art is fanastic. The man keeps getting better with age. Sure, the stroke he had a few years ago slowed him down but the quality is still there. Geoff Johns's writing is also a positive, although it's a bit more fanboy-ish than it normally is. Superboy-Prime is the villain you love to hate and the body count is high.



What didn't I like about it? For one thing, I didn't care about the alternate Legionaires very much so their deaths didn't have much of an impact on me. Superman was in the background for a great portion of the story. There was so much going on it was a little hard to keep track of.



Aside from those minor gripes, this is the Legion of Super Heroes book to get. The art is great, the story is good, and I got fanboy goosebumps when the Green Lantern oath was uttered by the last GL. If you liked Superman and the Legion of Super Heroes, you'll like this.





View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment