Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Review: Bone Saw

Bone Saw Bone Saw by Patrick Lacey
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Liam's life isn't going great, even before the video store where he works goes out of business. But there is a bright spot: his favorite horror film director, Clive Sherman, is making a movie in his home town. However, Sherman's gory films look so realistic for a reason...

Max Booth at Perpetual Motion Machine Press hit me up and offered me an ARC of this. For some reason, I had Patrick Lacey confused with Joseph D'Lacey. Anyway, this wound up being terrific despite my confusion.

Bone Saw is the story of a down on his luck guy whose' favorite horror director comes to town to make a horror movie. Turns out the movies are actually snuff films and Pigfoot, the star of Clive Sherman's movies, is a real monster. Liam is a sadly relatable, a horror buff with not a whole lot going on. Not until he meets Michelle, a waitress with secrets of her own.

It's almost like a slasher movie version of Night Film. Clive Sherman's films look real because they are and Bass Falls is going to suffer! Yeah, I enjoyed the shit out of it. Lacey knows how to jack up the suspense and ladle out the gore. Once I started reading, I read it in two sittings. The ending was the bloody hell I knew it would be.

Bone Saw is one of the best slasher books I've read in a long time, one with surprisingly deep characters. Four out of five stars.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment