Monday, February 10, 2014

Crawlspace

CrawlspaceCrawlspace by Evans Light
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

When Tom's wife leaves town, he's looking forward to a week of debauchery with his hot young girlfriend Miranda, but first, he must spread lime in the crawlspace. But what will he do when he's locked inside?

Crawlspace is a short story of claustrophobic terror. Imagine your spouse finding out you're cheating on him or her and locking you in the crawlspace? And that's not even the worst part...

Since this was a short story and I don't want to spoil too much, I'll keep this brief. Evans Light's writing did a good job conveying Tom's claustrophobic conditions and his increasing desperation, and also did a good job showing how he'd gotten to that point in his life. I felt sorry for the guy even though he'd brought the situation on himself.

Crawlspace was on the fast track to four territory until I got to the end. "Boo!" on the ending. "Boo!" I say. 3.5 out of 5 stars.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment