Tuesday, August 28, 2012

A Walk Among the Tombstones

A Walk Among the Tombstones (Matthew Scudder, #10)A Walk Among the Tombstones by Lawrence Block
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A gang of psychopaths kidnap, rape, torture, and murder a drug dealer's wife after getting a ransom from him. The drug dealer hires Matthew Scudder to find the men for him. But was this the only time the psychopaths have struck? And will they strike again...?

As the series goes by, Matthew Scudder goes up against sicker and sicker foes and gets put into worse and worse situations. Like usual, it makes the book a page turner because you can't wait to see him settle the bad guys's hash. The high points of this books were the development of the relationship between Scudder and TJ and the conflict in Elaine and Scudder's relationship. The introduction of The Kongs was a nice touch. I'll be anxious to see if they get used again in a later book. I was eager for Mick Ballou to return from Ireland, though I didn't miss him as much as Matt did.

The Matthew Scudder series continues to impress. I heartily recommend it to noir fans.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment