Thursday, August 30, 2012

Bust

Bust (Max & Angela, #1 - Hard Case Crime, #20)Bust by Ken Bruen
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Max Fischer hires a hitman to kill his wife so he can marry his secretary, the surgically enhanced Angela. Little does he know, the hitman is actually Angela's boyfriend and they're plotting against him. Throw in a blackmailer who catches Max and Angela in a compromising position and you have Bust.

Trying to choose someone to root for in this story is like trying to choose which shit sandwich you want to eat. They're all double dealing. You lose count of all the double crosses in this book as it weaves its serpentine course toward the climax. Wheels within wheels as Jeeves would say. Max Fischer reminds me of a boss I used to have so I was waiting with baited breath for him to take the fall.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment